It was just a little over a year ago that I decided that I was ready to branch-out into photography as a career move. The one thing that I absolutely knew that I wanted was my own, personalized web-presence; the cut-n-paste template sites that I'd seen a lot of other photographers using just didn't say "committed" to me like something with a personal touch to it would.
After researching several options, I decided that Photoshelter was the right fit for me. At the time, I was still on a self-imposed web-design hiatus as the previous 7 years of the biz had pretty much sucked the joy out of it for me. Never-the-less, I muscled (and muddled) my way through the Photoshelter customization process and ended up with not the prettiest site but one that was at least unique. Over the following months, I would tweak and poke and clean-up various parts of the site but I never really felt that it was "complete".
Last week I decided it was time for a change so I broke out my crayons and safety scissors and went to work. The image you see accompanying this entry is a screenshot of the final image display page. At the moment, I have the code and art assets in-place to create the "shell". I just need to dink-around with the guts a bit to make everything work right before its all ready to go. The one drawback to the Photoshelter template system is that there is no good way to holistically test my design before committing it. I can test small chunks of it at a time, which is useful, but I'm afraid that launch will require a piece-meal roll-out, which I'm not wildly enthusiastic about but I'm sure that the two people who might happen to visit the site while I'm doing it will understand. :)
Shooting for the Nikon Z 6II & Z 7II Launch Campaign
2 months ago